Quote of the Day“The real kick in reading Larsson’s trilogy is his clever, repeated expression of a rarely spoken truth: In a world that underpays and undervalues their very existence, women aren’t out for revenge. They’re out for justice.” — Billy Frolick, The Huffington Post.
Search the blog:
The Tattooed Girl was a 2012 Edgar Award NomineeOur book, The Tattooed Girl, was a 2012 nominee for the Edgar Award, widely acknowledged to be the most prestigious award in the mystery genre.
Buy the book on Amazon
- Why I wish the United States could hire Lisbeth Salander (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”) to retaliate against Putin’s Russia
- Christmas with Lisbeth and Mikael
- First editions of the Larsson trilogy up for auction
- Guest Post: David Lagercrantz’s Girl in the Spider’s Web “was a soy milk latte to my preferred triple espresso”
- Driving Ms. Elizabeth: Will the Tattooed Girl arrive in her Ducati…or a sputtering Vespa?
Take the Tattooed Girl Tour
Tag Archives: rape
Our headline here reflects, of course, the original title of Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy. The theme deservedly generated a lot more attention to the plague of violence against women, not just in Sweden but internationally (see Chapter 7 of The Tattooed Girl, for example). Now, three Swedish academics … Continue reading
The field is very competitive and she is not the oddsmakers favorite. Indeed, according to one London bookie, she is the least likely member of the five woman field to win the Oscar. However, we got to thinking the other … Continue reading
The Wall Street Journal’s Christina Binkley comments on controversy over the recently released H&M fashion collection based on the Lisbeth Salander character in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It is an important and thoughtful item. See below: Fashion, Rape Survival, and … Continue reading