Quote of the Day“The real kick in reading Larsson’s trilogy is his clever, repeated expression of a rarely spoken truth: In a world that underpays and undervalues their very existence, women aren’t out for revenge. They’re out for justice.” — Billy Frolick, The Huffington Post.
Search the blog:
The Tattooed Girl was a 2012 Edgar Award NomineeOur book, The Tattooed Girl, was a 2012 nominee for the Edgar Award, widely acknowledged to be the most prestigious award in the mystery genre.
Buy the book on Amazon
- Why I wish the United States could hire Lisbeth Salander (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”) to retaliate against Putin’s Russia
- First editions of the Larsson trilogy up for auction
- Guest Post: David Lagercrantz’s Girl in the Spider’s Web “was a soy milk latte to my preferred triple espresso”
- Driving Ms. Elizabeth: Will the Tattooed Girl arrive in her Ducati…or a sputtering Vespa?
- Charles Wright, America’s New Poet Laureate, has been reading “the Scandinavians”
Take the Tattooed Girl Tour
Tag Archives: Hollywood
When is a 231% profit a loss? Apparently when MGM says it is. At least that is the implication one could draw from this recent report in the Los Angeles Times: Returns of $231 million in worldwide box office wasn’t enough … Continue reading
For decades, action heroes in films were the exclusive domain of a series of “manly” men: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Jackie Chan, and so on. Women in these stories, just like in most Hollywood scripts, were … Continue reading
According to entertainment industry sources, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo will not be shown in theaters in India. The Sony/David Fincher/Rooney Mara/Daniel Craig version of the film was to be released on February 10, but India’s Central Board of Film … Continue reading
Hollywood’s ultimate insider, Nikki Finke, on the future of the David Fincher/Sony/Rooney Mara/Daniel Craig remakes of Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy:
Writing in Deadline Hollywood, Nikki Finke tells all on the subject of Sony Going Ahead With ‘Dragon Tattoo’ Sequels Despite Underperforming Box Office EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures is not known for risky moves. So all through the holidays rival studio execs were predicting … Continue reading